DOMAIN NAME LEASING - Is It Safe?
With Ballot Measure Domains It Is!!
Leased Domain Name Isolation - Our domain names are assigned to your campaign website via our domain registrar's
DNS system. Access to the DNS is strictly limited to key BMD employees and strong passwords are changed on a regular basis. We also transfer your leased domains
to their own dedicated directory to remove them from exposure to accidental change as we administer the unleased pool of domain names.
Our Domain Registrations Cannot Not Accidentally Expire During Your Lease - Immediately upon leasing any of our domain names
we extend the expiration date of our registration to be a minimum of one year longer than your initial lease term. This assures there is no chance of our accidentally losing the
registration during the initial term or available renewal period of your lease.
Free Uptime Monitoring of Your Website - All websites experence occasional downtime due to network or server issues.
Rarely are these outages related to DNS issues (the type BMD would cause) but are instead a result of network failures, website coding errors, and/or web server crashes.
Regardless of cause, we want to help make your lease with us and your website's uptime worry-free! Using our monitoring provider,
BinaryCanary.com, we will check your website every minute
to ensure its online and serving your voters. If it has failed, you will be notified according to an escalation plan that you have designed.
Transfer of Partial Domain Control To You (Optional - $50 setup fee applies) - We'll temporarily transfer control of
setting the domain's nameservers and forwarding to you. How does it work?
- The domain lease is executed
- You will need a new or existing Go Daddy account
- Through Go Daddy, BMD invites you to be an Account Executive for the domain(s) you have leased
- You accept the invitation
- We place the domain names you have leased into your dedicated management directory
- You administer the nameservers and domain forwarding assignments of your leased domains via your Go Daddy account
- Once the lease term has expired the domains are transferred back to BMD's unleased pool and the Account Executive priviledges are cancelled.