Just as “location” is vital to success in real estate, your Internet address or domain name
is vital to success on the Web. You've spent a lot of time and resources developing your campaign website, now get a top-quality domain name that delivers the voters.
Qualities of a Good Ballot Measure Domain Name
Easy to remember or guess
Standard format voters expect to see
(Ex. YesOn2.com, YesOnProp2.com, VoteYesOn2.com, YesOnAmendment2.com, NoOnMeasureD.org)
- No committee names or other words that are hard to remember or spell
- No hyphens
- .com or .org only
Integrated with your campaign
- Choose domain name EARLY
- Integrate domain name into all campaign materials
- If done right, your campaign should be known as the "Yes On 2 Campaign" or the "No On Measure B Campaign", etc.
Call to action
- Your domain name should appear everywhere. If chosen correctly, each time somone reads, hears, or speaks it they will receive a subtle reminder of the action you want them to take.
- Example: Use YesOnProp2.com vs. the less motivating Prop2.com or CitizensForGreenerGrass.org
- Easier to read from a moving vehicle
- Easier to remember
- Enables larger font size